Lady Health Worker Program For Family Planning and Primary Health Care
- Launched in 1993-94; the largest CBI in SE Asia. Links communities with Health Facilities.
- By Recruitment & deployment of 110,000 countrywide LHWs; while 23,185 LHWs in Sindh Province.
- By providing promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative services to the target population.
- By cultivating community participation through enhanced awareness, attitude change, and mobilization.
- To Increase immunization coverage in children aged 12-23 months (fully vaccinated)
- Focusing Maternal & Child Health by contributing towards reduction of IMR (from 85 to 55/1000 LBs) and decline in the MMR (from 400 to 180/100,000 Live Births)
- Expansion of Family Planning services in urban slums and rural areas. Increase in Contraceptive Prevalence Rate (CPR) from 22% to 42% (rural) & 40% to 58% (urban)
- Improvement of nutritional status of mothers & children.
12 Jul 2022
09 Jun 2022
16 May 2022
Post-Facto Approval to allow Dr.Syed Nadeem Hassan Razvi,to continue as professor on probono/Honorary basis in national institute of cardiovascular diseases (NICVD)karachi
16 May 2022
Request for Enhancement of Grant in Aid for Shahdadpur Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS) District sanghar,From Unrevised Rs.300 Million to Rs.850 Million For FY 2022-23
Tweets by SindhHealthDptTweets by @TwitterDev
Copyright © 2018 Health Department Govt of Sindh. All rights reserved.
Designed & Developed by SCS