Lady Health Worker Program For Family Planning and Primary Health Care
- Launched in 1993-94; the largest CBI in SE Asia. Links communities with Health Facilities.
- By Recruitment & deployment of 110,000 countrywide LHWs; while 23,185 LHWs in Sindh Province.
- By providing promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative services to the target population.
- By cultivating community participation through enhanced awareness, attitude change, and mobilization.
- To Increase immunization coverage in children aged 12-23 months (fully vaccinated)
- Focusing Maternal & Child Health by contributing towards reduction of IMR (from 85 to 55/1000 LBs) and decline in the MMR (from 400 to 180/100,000 Live Births)
- Expansion of Family Planning services in urban slums and rural areas. Increase in Contraceptive Prevalence Rate (CPR) from 22% to 42% (rural) & 40% to 58% (urban)
- Improvement of nutritional status of mothers & children.
22 Nov 2019
Monthly Meeting with Secretariat Staff of Health Department, Government of Sindh on dated 22-11-2019
07 Nov 2019
04 Oct 2019
Place Your Complaints / Suggestions Here
So far 42469 complaints have been received out of which 0 have been responded
Copyright © 2018 Health Department Govt of Sindh. All rights reserved.
Designed & Developed by SCS